||L. Frank Baum's timeless story of a young girl's adventures in a strange land - English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about Dorothy and her friends traveling through Oz in search of a way back home. Students and teachers alike will be enthralled by the exciting adventures and enriched by the life lessons found in The Wizard of Oz.
Compass Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story